1. The barcode which is used on all types of items, is read by a scanning device directly into the computer. What is the name of this scanning device??????
A) Laser scanner??
2. A Plastic card similar to a credit card but having some memory and a microprocessor embedded within it is (A) Punched paper tape?????
A) Chip card
B) Card punch
C) Magnetic tape
D) None of these
3. The category of operating system that you most likely have running on your PDA computer is a ____________ operating system.
B) single-user, single-task
C) single-user, multi-task
D) multi-user, multi-task
4. Which of the following is an example of a real-time operating system???????
B) MS DOS
C) Windows XP??
5. A real-time operating system is most likely to be used for which of the following tasks? ?
A) Controlling access to a shared printer in a network
B) Ensuring that the system clock works correctly on a server
C) Managing the access to system files in a laptop computer
D) Controlling the fuel injection system of an automobile engine
6. An essential difference between the operating system that runs a typical desktop computer and the operating system that runs a typical PDA is that??
A) the desktop OS has a graphical user interface whereas the PDA OS does not
B) the desktop OS can run several programs simultaneously whereas the PDA OS cannot
C) the desktop OS manages hardware resources whereas the PDA OS does not
D) the desktop computer has an OS whereas a PDA does not
7. To set a register or counter to the all-zero-state is…??
8. A set of information that defines the status of resources allocated to a process is…??
A) Process control??
C) Register Unit
D) Process description
|1. A||2. B||3. B||4. A|
|5. D||6. B||7. B||8. D|