ADD SOME TEXT THROUGH CUSTOMIZER
ADD SOME TEXT THROUGH CUSTOMIZER

Churu District, Rajasthan

Churu is a city in the desert region of Rajasthan state of India. It is known as gateway to the Thar Desert of Rajasthan. It is the administrative headquarters of Churu District. It lies in the Thar Desert[clarification needed] on the National Highway-65 connecting Pali to Ambala and is a junction station on the railway line to Bikaner. It is near the shifting sand dunes of the Thar Desert and has grand havelis with marvelous fresco paintings, namely Kanhaiya lal Bagla ki Haweli and Surana Haweli, with hundreds of small windows. It also has some fine Chhatris. Near the town is a religious seat of the Nath sect of Sadhus where there are life-size Marble statue of their deities and a place for prayers. There stands a Dharam Stup, a symbol of religious equality. At the centre of the town is a fort built about 400 years ago.

History of Churu District, Rajasthan

Founded in A.D. 1620 by Nirban Clan of Rajputs[1] and the place was named Churu after Choru Jat’s name in the Jangladesh region of the state. It was subsequently ruled by Rathore Rajputs and during war of 1871 the area came under dominance of Bikaner. Churu, like an oasis, situated in the middle of the shifting golden sand dunes, opens the gate to the great desert of Thar. Geographically, it lies in 28°18′N latitude and 74°58′E longitude. Administratively, it is the headquarters of the Churu District., The temples of Salasar Balaji & Babosa Maharaj Churu, DADREWA the birthplace of GOGA JI and Baba Phoolnath Temple NAWA are situated in the Churu district.

Before India’s independence in 1947, it was a part of Bikaner State. The district came into existence in 1948 comprising three tehsils Churu, Rajgarh and Taranagar when the administration of Bikaner State was reorganized.

Now there are six tehsil, Comprising Churu, Sadulpur, Ratangarh, Sujangarh, Sardarsahar and Taranagar.

Attractions at Churu District, Rajasthan

Sujangarh, Ratangarh, Sardarshahar, Tarangar, Rajgarh, Ratannagar, Chapper, Bidasar and Rajaldesar are the other major towns in the district. The Tal Chhapar Sanctuary, a blackbuck sanctuary, has more than 1,680 black bucks and migratory birds. It is a major attraction for wildlife enthusiasts. Other attractions include the grand palatial Havelies in the towns of Ratannagar, Ratangarh and Sardarshahar, the Hanuman temple at Salasar and the Venkateshwar temple at Sujangarh, the birthplace of local deity, Goga Pir, in Dadrewa. The Bhadrakali Temple at Rajaldesar is popular among Shakta Tantra followers from all over India, which was established by Anant Shri Vibhushit Dandi Swami Jogendrashram ji Maharaj. Baba Phool Nath Temple at Nawa, Rajgarh is popular and related to NATH Community.

Notable people in Churu District, Rajasthan
>Nand Kishore Chaudhary – chairman and managing director of Jaipur Rugs and social entrepreneur
>Bhanwar Lal Sharma – Seniormost member of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Churu
>Mohar Singh Rathore – social reformer and political activist
>Lakshmi Mittal – the “Steel King”, born at Sadulpur in Churu District.
>Bimal Jalan – former RBI governor
>Bharat Vyas – Writer of the prayer song, ‘Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum’ and ‘Ye Kaun Chitrakar Hai’. He directed a Bollywood film Rangeela Rajasthani.
Col. Thakur Kishan Singh Rathore – one of the first recipients of the Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) (second highest military decoration in India)
>Devendra Jhajharia – India’s first Paralympic gold medalist.
>Kanhaiyalal Sethia- prominent Rajasthani writer.