ADD SOME TEXT THROUGH CUSTOMIZER
ADD SOME TEXT THROUGH CUSTOMIZER

Parbhani District,Maharashtra

Parbhani District (formerly also known as Prabhavatinagar), is one of the eight districts in the Marathawada region of Maharashtra state of India. Parbhani city is the headquarters of this district. Parbhani district is known for religious tourism. Hazrat Turabul Haq Dargah (108-year-old sufi shrine) and Sri Sai Janmasthan Temple, Pathri (birthplace of Sai Baba of Shirdi) are among important religious places.

History
From 1596 to 1724, major part of the present territory of the district was divided between Pathri and Washim sarkars of Berar Subah of the Mughal empire. In 1724, after the battle of Sakharkheda, it went under the Nizam’s rule. Following the re-organization of the states in 1956, Parbhani along with the other districts of Marathwada became part of Bombay State. On May 1, 1960 when Maharashtra state was formed, it became a part of it.
Geography

Parbhani district lies between 18.45 and 20.10 North Latitudes and 76.13 and 77.39 East Longitude. The district is bounded on the north by Hingoli and Buldhana district. On the east by Nanded and Hingoli district, on the South by Latur and on the West by Beed and Jalna districts.

This entire Marathwada region, a district geographical region, was a part of Hyderabad State. After reorganization of states in 1956 it became a part of the then Bombay state and from 1960 onwards it is part of the present Maharashtra state.

The state capital of Mumbai is to the west; Parbhani is well connected by road to other major towns in Maharashtra and also in the neighboring state of Telangana. Parbhani is a major railway junction connecting Telangana with Marathwada. It is also known as a store of Jowar in Marathwada. In the field of education the Parbhani is known for the famous Marathwada agricultural university which is very helpful for the peoples residing all around.

Mudgaleshwar

It is located on the bank of the Godavari river. A temple is in the midst of the river. The temple in the middle of the river flow and is more than nine hundred years old and same is written on stone script at the entrance. Temple on river bank and old ghat was built by “Ahilya Bai” 250 years back. Lord “Narasimha Swamy” has taken the form “Shivalinga” along with his wife “Mahalaxmi” and son “Moudgalya” and daughter-in-law “Jaabalabai”. During rainy season the temple gets immersed in water. To have darshan one has to swim to the temple. Best time to visit is summer season i.e. from April to June. To reach the place one has to travel by train via “Parbhani” or “Parli Vaidyanath”.

The temple used to be managed by Shri Sahebrao Mudgalkar and Shri Subhashrao Mudgalkar. The Shivaratri is celebrated here every year. All type of pujas are performed here. Nagbali and Sukhshanti pujas are very famous.

The new dam is constructed on the river. Recently a Dattatriya temple is constructed and murthy staphana is completed on 26 December 2012.