1. An account that can be opened by business organisations and also individuals is known as a?
a) Term deposit
b) Checking Account
c) Saving Bank deposit
d) No Frills Accounts
e) Current deposit
2. A worldwide financial messaging network which exchanges messages between banks and financial institutions is known as?
3. Buy now & pay later refers to?
a) Foreign Currency
b) Internet Banking
c) US Dollars
d) Traveler’s cheques
e) Credit Cards
4. Which one of the following is not ‘Money Market Instrument’?
a) Treasury Bills
b) Commercial Paper
c) Fixed Deposit
d) Equity Shares e) None
5. Which one of the following is a retail banking product?
a) Home Loans
b) Working capital finance
c) Corporate Term Loans
d) All the above
6. Finance Ministry has asked the RBI to allow common ATMs that will be owned and managed by non-banking entities hoping to cut transaction costs for banks. Such ATMs are known as?
a) Black label ATMs
b) Offsite ATMs
c) On site ATM’s or red ATMs
d) Third party ATMs
e) White label ATMs
7. Technological advancement in the recent times has given a new dimension to banks, mainly to which one of the following aspects?
a) New Age Financial Derivatives
b) Service Delivery Mechanism
c) Any Banking
d) Any type banking
e) Multilevel Marketing
8. Which of the following is NOT a function of the Reserve Bank of India?
a) Fiscal Policy Functions
b) Exchange Control Functions
c) Issuance, Exchange and Destruction of currency notes
d) Monetary Authority Functions
e) Supervisory and Control Functions
9. Which of the following is NOT required for opening a bank account?
a) Identity Proof
b) Address Proof
c) Recent Photographs
d) Domicile Certificate
10. What is the maximum deposit amount insured by DICGC?
a) Rs. 2,00,000 per depositor per bank
b) Rs. 2,00,000 per depositor across all banks
c) Rs. 1,00,000 per depositor per bank
d) Rs. 1,00,000 per depositor across all bank
11. The present Foreign Trade Policy of India will continue till?
a) Dec 2012
b) Mar 2013
c) Mar 2014
d) Jun 2013
e) Dec 2014
12. With reference to a cheque who is drawee?
a) The bank that collects cheque.
b) The payee’s bank.
c) The endorsee’s bank.
d) The endorser’s bank.
e) The bank upon which the cheque is drawn.
13. In which of the following fund transfer mechanisms, funds can be moved from one bank to another and where the transaction is settled instantly without being bunched with any other transaction?
14. Banking Ombudsman Scheme is applicable to the business of ?
a) All Scheduled commercial banks excluding RRBs.
b) All Scheduled commercial banks including RRBs.
c) Only Public Sector Banks
d) All Banking Companies
e) All scheduled banks except private banks.
15. Nationalization of banks aimed at all of the following except?
a) Provision of adequate credit for agriculture, SME & exports.
b) Removal of control by a few capitalists.
c) Provision of credit to big industries only.
d) Access of banking to masses.
e) Encouragement of a new class of entrepreneurs.
16. Which one of the following banks is headed by a Woman CEO?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) HDFC Bank
c) Central Bank of India
17. Base Rate is the rate below which no Bank can lend their funds. Who sets up this ‘Base Rate’ for Banks?
a) Individuals Banks Board
b) Ministry of Commerce
c) Ministry of Finance
e) Interest Rate Commission of India
18. What is a ‘Debit Card’?
a) It is a card issued by a Rating Agency.
b) It is a card which can be used for withdrawing cash or making payment even in the absence of any balance in the account.
c) It is a card which can be used for withdrawing cash or making payment at Point of Sales (POS) if there is balance in the account.
d) It is a card issued to borrowers
e) It is a card which can be used for making STD calls.
19. Bad advances of a Bank are called?
a) Standard accounts
b) Book debts
c) Non Performing Assets
d) Out of order accounts
e) Overdrawn accounts
20. Axis Bank is a?
a) Public Sector Bank
b) Private Sector Bank
c) Co-operative Bank
d) Foreign Bank
e) Gramin Bank
21. By increasing repo rate, the economy may observe the following effects ______
a) Rate of interest on loans and advances will be costlier.
b) Industrial output would be affected to an extent.
c) Banks will increase rate of interest on deposits.
d) Industry houses may borrow money from foreign countries.
e) All of these.
22. Increased interest rates, as is existing in the economy at present will_______
a) Lead to reduction in borrowings
b) Lead to lower GDP growth.
c) Mean higher cost of raw materials.
d) Mean lower cost of raw materials.
e) Mean higher wage bill.
23. Which of the following schemes is launched to provide pension to the members of unorganized sectors in India?
b) Jeevan Dhara
c) Jeevan Kalyan
24. A cheque returned for insufficiency of funds. Payee will have right to issue notice and approach court of law for justice under section 138 of which act?
a) Indian Penal Code
b) Negotiable Instrument Act
c) Criminal Procedure Code
d) Payment and Settlement Act
e) Indian Contract Act
25. Mr. Rajendra had filed a complaint with Banking Ombudsman and is not satisfied with the decision. What is the next option available for him to get his problem redressed?
a) Write to the CMD of the Bank.
b) File an appeal before the Finance Minister.
c) File an appeal before the Banking Ombudsman again.
d) File an appeal before the Dy. Governor RBI.
e) Simply close the matter as going to court involves time and money.
26. Which of the following is an example of Financial assets?
a) National Saving Certificate
b) Infrastructure Bonds
c) Indira Vikas Patra
d) Krishi Vikas Patra
e) All of these
27. Bank branches which can undertake foreign exchange business directly are known as:
a) Authorized dealers
b) Foreign dealers
c) Overseas branches
d) Approved dealers
e) Exchange branches
28. Insurance cover for bank deposits in our country is provided by ____
b) Govt of India
29. The Financial Literacy does not include which of the following?
a) How to invest the funds
b) How to use the limited funds carefully
c) How to minimize the risks
d) How to reinvest the money earned
e) None of these
30. ‘ADB’ refers to-
a) Amedical Development Bank
b) Amedical Depository Bureau
c) Additional Debit Balance
d) Only a&b
e) Asian Development bank
31. When a banker talks about CDR, what is he talking about?
a) Corporate Debt Restructuring
b) Corporate Debt Rollover
c) Company Debt Rollover
d) Corporate Deposit Restructuring
e) Company Deposit Restructuring
32. Expand the term ALM as used in Banking/Finance sector?
a) Asset Liability Management
b) Asset Liability Maturity
c) Asset Liability Mismatch
d) Asset Liability Manpower
e) Asset Liability Maintenance
33. Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) and Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) are terms most closely related to which of the following industries/ markets?
a) Capital Market
b) Banking industry
c) Commodities market
d) Money Market
e) Mutual funds
34. What is the maximum period for which domestic term deposits are normally accepted by the banks in our country?
a) 3 yr
b) 5 yr
c) 7 yr
d) 10 yr
e) 12 yr
35. If you wish to purchase some US Dollars for your travel abroad, you should approach?
a) The Ministry of Finance
b) The US Embassy
c) Any Bank Branch authorized to do such activity
d) The Reserve Bank of India
e) External Affairs Ministry
36. What does the letter ‘L’ stands for in the term LAF commonly used in financial/economic news?
37. Which of the following is not classified as a Commercial Bank?
a) Public Sector Bank
b) Foreign Bank
c) Private Sector Bank
d) Regional Rural Bank
e) Urban Cooperative Bank
38. Which of the following is not the name of the a Banking Organization?
39. Money laundering means
a) Concealment of income source mainly to avoid income tax
b) Money acquired from undisclosed sources and deposited in foreign banks
c) Money acquired from undisclosed sources and deposited in foreign banks
d) Process of conversion of money obtained illegally to appear to have originated from legitimate sources to convert black money into white money
e) Money acquired from drug trafficking
40. Monetary Policy as an arm of the economic policy is administered by
a) Government of India
d) Govt of the respective states
41. Which of the following is not a primary function of a Bank?
a) Granting loans
b) Collecting cheques/ drafts of Customers
c) Arranging VISA for students for abroad education
d) Issuing bank drafts
e) Selling Gold/Silver Coins.
42. Reserves that can act as a liquidity buffer for Commercial Banks during crisis times are
c) CAR & CRR
d) CRR & SLR
1) a; 2) b; 3) e; 4) c; 5) a; 6) e; 7) b; 8) a; 9) d; 10) c; 11) c; 12) e; 13) a; 14) b; 15) c; 16) e. 17) a 18) c; 19) a; 20) b; 21) a; 22) c; 23) e; 24) b; 25) d; 26) a; 27) a; 28) e; 29) e; 30) e; 31) a; 32) a; 33) b; 34) d; 35) c; 36) a. 37) e; 38) d; 39) d; 30) b; 41) c; 42) d.